Here goes:





The Polo logo is in a very legible font. It is still effective and memorable with or without color. Also, the logo is pertinent to the company name—the polo pony is always associated with Polo Ralph Lauren. Also, whether the logo is tiny or larger, it is clear that it is a polo pony.
The Starbucks logo is memorable. The font is clear and it is clear that Starbucks is a coffee company. But, the Starbuck in the middle of the logo is unique, which makes this logo stand out. The green is dark enough that it does not overwhelm the logo as well. And, this logo could be printed in black and white without sacrificing legibility. And, the repeating theme on stars (3 of them) ties the logo together with the name.
The logo for the World Wildlife Fund is very simple, but effective. Writing could be added anywhere around it easily. The panda bear is easy to see, but also it is abstract enough that it remains memorable.
I love the Olympic rings. It is so simple and has become so iconic. It would be easy to add text around the rings, which is good. Also, even if the rings were printed all black you would still know that they were the Olympic rings. This logo makes something very simple eye catching and memorable.
Again, I like that the font is clear and easy to read in the Davidson locksmith logo. The way that the D is also a lock is really clever—I had to look twice but I remembered it. This logo works without color, which makes it more versatile.
These logos are all clear. The point that they bring across is relevant to the company or product and easy to understand. Also, they all have simple fonts for the text (or no text at all!). And, all of them would work just as well in color or black and white. Now I have to design my own logo...I hope it turns out well!

No comments:
Post a Comment